IT WORKS GREAT!
And ends up being VERY CHEAP.
If you know me AT ALL, you know I can't follow a recipe. That's why I leave the baking up to Rochel... This "recipe" was no exception. Notice that you are supposed to use "distilled water" and I used "purified"... worked the same. And because I purposefully used the wrong stuff (I had purified water on hand - don't ask - so I wanted to use it up), I actually did an internet search to find out the difference. You will be happy to know that the official anwer of that is: "not much". Apparently you CAN'T use tap water because there might be minerals in it that would defeat the purpose of the cleanser, and after time, it will get murky. So, distilled or purified are fine. No minerals.
ANYWAYS... Here's how cheap it is. The baby wash I actually had left over from Carly (so, 7 year old baby wash that you find at your mother's house is ok), so I'm going to call that "free". The glycerin was $2.99 and I have enough left over for another "batch" of cleaner. And the purified water was $0.25 at Publix, on sale. NOW you know why I bought it. I'm turning into my mother. So, for about $1.66, I made the same amount you can get from Stampin Up for almost $9. I think. Sounds about right. I put it in my old Stampin' Up sprayer bottle, and the above bottle holds the other portion of it, plus ANOTHER bottle I made... I made a double batch, you know, feeling all optimistic.
And it works really good... At first I thought it was too soapy, but turns out, that was just my scrubber pad... I had just washed it out and didn't rinse really well. Shocking. According to accounts online, this also conditions stamps, if you are all worried about that.
A word about the glycerin. If you can't find it out in with the general medicines in the pharmacy, ask the pharmacist. I got it at Target and it was behind the counter with the pharmacist. Dangerous stuff, glycerin. I think it might could be cheaper at Walmart...
There you have it!
No comments:
Post a Comment