Monday, September 14, 2009

Whhhoooooo R YOOOOOOOOuuuuuuu?

I feel like I need to reintroduce myself to my card blog. But since there are only a select few who cherish their time here, and you all know WHO I am, I will refrain. But seriously? It's been a while...

Pretty happy to have time to make a few things again (read: the kids are back in school). I have a few things to share, it's just a matter of whether they make it to the blog or not. My mom's living in a foreign land, so I guess if she's going to see what I'm up to, it BETTER make it here, right? (Hi Mom... How are the filafels?)

Right... the card. My sweet friend/co-worker/mother-of-my-God-child, Ashlie, had surgery last month and this card was for her... I say WAS because, of course, I already gave it to her. It would be so silly to post a card here before it makes it to the person, right? Ok, I will post some tomorrow before they get to their intended seeing how you don't care so much. ANYWAYS, The Co-Workers and I (mostly them) made a goodie basket for Ashlie and this is the card that went along with it... with a clever greeting inside "From Owl of Us". Before you think I'M that clever, it's a stamp set (or two, I should say) from theangelcompany: "be square", and "what a hoot", respectively. This card also features the much loved and now retired paper from SU! (Parisian Breeze, and Baja Breeze). The "Feel better" stamp is TAC and also now retired, a hostess set. Hey, I'm not trying to SELL this stuff, just show you, right?

And lastly, the funky shaped card is due to the fact that I made it to fit the cool envelope I had (business sized)... and because several people were going to be signing it. HOWEVER, I forgot to bring it into work in time for said people to sign, so it got the very formal "Love, Inpatient Nursing" jot at the bottom. Really. It's the thought that counts, and how many times does Ashlie need to read our creative re-wording of "Hope you are feeling better... get back here soon because we are tired of working for you"? I'm just saying.

*Sigh* I've missed this place.

No comments: