Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Photography at it's Finest

Remember when I eluded to THIS card back in June? You know, when my sister's birthday is celebrated by the OTHER members of my family. I chose to celebrate in August, when I finally sent her the gift I purchased for her in March. Great planning. In my defense, she did mention the week before her birthday that she could use some Thank You cards, and I happily got-to making them for her... IMMEDIATELY. Then the box sat on the side couch in the living room for the remainder of the summer, until we were getting ready for vacation and Ryan said, "Hey, do you want me to mail this?" Oh, THAT. Yes, that would be a very good idea.

I made this card from a "leftover" picture I had from our Sister Trip to Savannah, July 2008. For Christmas last year, I made each of my sisters and my mom a mini-album to remember our very fun trip by. I loved making those albums and poring over the pictures... it just brought a bunch of really great memories flooding back. Made me happy. I was hoping to inspire my darling sister in the same way, when she looked at her birthday card. You know, in August, even though her bday is June. Admittedly, it's the 29th, so I'm certain that is like ALMOST July, so August really isn't THAT bad.

I kind of really enjoyed this look, even though it's NON-STAMPING... so when I went on vacation this summer to the INCREDIBLE Oregon Coast and Amazing Alaska, I took over 3000 pictures, which will "end up" on some cards, too! Promise not to make 3000 posts about THAT:)

Oh, and the post title is NOT in celebration of my fine photography (actually, there's a very good chance that TRACY took that picture, anyways! HA!)... Ryan's youngest sister RANDEE now has a photography website, and you know, she's pretty talented. So click and visit... there's a permanent link on our family blog, too!

Happy Birthday, Laurie!

No comments: