Sunday, April 26, 2009

Dreamin' bout BUGS!


My kids will tell you that when they are off to college, Mama's gettin' a bug. As in, Car. We are unclear on the color (one would think I'd want red, but I am partial to the light blue one, too)... Big VW fan, and I had to "settle" on the more "child friendly" Jetta a few years ago. Love that car, too. ANYWAYS.... theangelcompany retired a stamp set a couple of years ago called groovybug that I REALLY wanted to get, but really only wanted it for one stamp, so hard to justify (as if one can EVER justify the purchase of rubber stamps! ha!). They are running a special right now where you can get a bag of random stamps that might be from retired sets, or currents sets. I figured, why not? THRILLED that my bag included THE BUG STAMP!!!! If you aren't aware of how I feel about RANDOM things, let me tell you, this made me smile for a while!
paper: Cosmo Cricket - girl friday paper (of course! Perfect stamp, perfect paper), SU cardstock (icky sage shadow)
stamps: TAC groovybug, TAC awittlebug (also in the bag of fun)
ribbon: SU old olive grosgrain
other: oval nestabilities
It is also important to note that after PAYING for my kids non-negotiable college education, I'm certain this car IS really just a dream... but what a fun one!
OH! And YES, Tracy, Carly DID punch me when she looked at my card, screaming in that giggly voice, "Punch Bug No Return!" THANK YOU so much for teaching my children that "game". Hmmm, another reason to stick with the Jetta... no injuries.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am always happy to "teach" your kids important life lessons. I have to come up with something REALLY good for when we come this summer. Hmmmm.

Sue said...

I love that you made a card for yourself. When did you give it to you?