Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Place and a Smile



Swim Meet. I've decided that I hope my kids NEVER make it to the Olympics. Sounds mean, I know, and completely against my mother's hopes and dreams for them (she's dying to attend "the Games" and doesn't think it would be worth it unless she actually knew someone there... oh, and since she taught Carly how to swim, she's convinced they'd want to interview her...). Yeah, I'm a nervous wreck at the local swim meet and the tears are streaming just because they FINISH. You should have seen me tonight... Ben got his first FIRST PLACE!!!!



Carly got FIFTH place in this one. I took some pictures of her during a later race and noticed something that hasn't changed about her in all her six years... can you guess what it is??

She wasn't smiling AT ME, either... That's her "game face". That's her "every-moment-face".






SO PROUD of both my little ones!

Ok... so, be inspired by these two!! They are my best handiwork! (you know, with help from their handsome father!!!)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Is it weird that I cried when I watched Ben's video? So proud of both of them ... and, so glad that they are having FUN!

Rochel said...

Sad that we missed this meet! They both look great :)

Mother of three said...

So proud of them, I showed Caleb and Chloe and they loved seeing them. I hope that it inspires Caleb to swim with his head in the water...otherwise, he will be the best at treading water and not getting anywhere. Love you!