These are dry erase message boards I made for the Principal of the kids school to give out to the teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. She retired this year and wanted to give them something personalized.
They are tiles from Home Depot (white glazed tiles) and I stamped on them with Staz-On ink, then baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30minutes. I turned the oven off and left them in there to cool off over night. If you stamp on them and it doesn't look right or isn't clear (the tiles ARE slippery!!!) you can wipe it off immediately with a paper towel soaked with Staz-On cleaner. Then you can try again. You CAN get it off the same way after time passes (but BEFORE you bake it!) but you are going to have to really work at it. Once it's baked, it's STUCK:)
I made 55 of these! and packaged them up for her with a dry erase marker and a stand. They were actually pretty fun to make. Many years ago my sister-in-law KRISTI made dry erase tiles for us and I always thought they would make GREAT teacher presents! We are actually going to make a "kid friendly" version of these at camp... you can draw on them with Sharpie markers and then bake them (as above) and the marker stays on. They are going to just decorate them and have their camp friends sign them, not so much a dry erase board. If you try this method, the yellow and green do turn an odd shade, but all the other colors stay true!
1 comment:
Very nice idea - I like it and hope you will remind me of it when Jess has teachers. :)
Post a Comment