Example... one that serves as a pattern to be imitated.
I almost chose a different verse to put on here, but went with THIS one because I just love this whole Chapter... Big night for Jesus. And he takes the time to wash his disciples feet. Teaches them to be a servant. And tells them to follow His example. I think when people know they are going to die and their time has come, the stuff they are telling you is REALLY REALLY important. The last opportunity to make you understand what their life's passion was or what they hope for you, etc... of course EVERYTHING Jesus said was REALLY REALL important, but I can't help thinking that he reiterated this stuff at the end for a reason. Anyways, it's good stuff...
The picture. It's no secret around here that our family are HUGE Tampa Bay Ray's fans. It's a comical understatement. We get it from my husband. When he was a little boy he LOVED baseball. Not playing, but listening to the Detroit Tiger's games on the radio. And talking baseball with his grandma. I tell you, you haven't lived until you've watched that very tiny little-grandma-lady screaming at baseball players to "get it together!" Ryan grew up loving the stats the most, not so much a team. Just the game. So when we moved to Tampa in 1996, there was talk about an expansion team coming our way and he decided the opportunity was too great to pass up, and decided to jump on board, BIG TIME. And I went along with him, you know, because we are married:) Good chance I couldn't even identify a baseball at that time. We spent many evenings attending games, took our brand-new son to his first MLB baseball game when he was just 8 weeks old (um, it would have been sooner, but that was nearly opening day as it was!), he took our babies by himself when I was working (quite the site to see a father toting a 3 year old, plus baby-girl-in-the-snuggli, and diaper bag to a baseball game by himself, i'm sure!), we've travelled all over the country on Official McGregor Baseball Road Trips to see these Boys play... well, you get the idea. This is one of the things that defines us as a family. I'm ok with that. Because we ALL love it. It's just one small way we spend time together as a family. This picture is our little crew (well, of course I took the picture, so you can't see me!) heading across the parking lot to Tropicana Field. My brother got Ryan his shirt for Christmas. He's been a fan since 1998... and those kids? Well, they were BORN Rays fans! (I may or may not tell Carly that she was named after Carl Crawford... or Carlos Pena. Depends on who just got a good hit! "And that's why we named you after him, Carly!!!" She may or may not appreciate such information.)

2 comments:
Love the picture! Eli definately needs to get to the park soon...I've got a couple of Rays outfits to replentish his supply :)
Wonderful page and great sharing! I won't tell Carly! lol...Nancy :o)
Post a Comment