Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Scripture Challenge: QUIET




I'm a little behind on this challenge... but I really enjoy "researching" the words and finding verses.  This was kind of a hard word for me because I have a REALLY hard time being QUIET!  My Mom is COMPLETELY agreeing, and sending up a quick prayer of THANKS to God for giving me a daughter who talks about as much as I do!! 

What I REALLY wanted to use for a picture was impossible as the church no longer exists.  In 1997 and the first half of 1998, I spent a lot of time praying to God for a very specific reason.  Baby.  We were fortunate that it didn't last longer.  A few infertility treatments and 9 months later, we were the proud parents of a darling baby boy!  But I never forgot praying.  And more specifically, WHERE I prayed.  Ryan was teaching at a Christian school at the time, and his office was right off the church's sanctuary.  What an appropriate name.  While I would wait for him to be done each day, I would "sneak" into the sanctuary and just sit there.  It was usually dark, or very dimly lit.  It was quiet.  In fact, the silence was deafening most days.  It is so rare that I find myself in such quiet!  But I know for me, that is what I need to really focus and NOT be distracted.  Quiet.

This picture was the NEXT thing that came to mind... our family member, Miggy.  Enjoying a quiet, afternoon nap.  He just looks so peaceful.  14 years of doing nothing will do that to you, I guess!

I love this verse, but I think it might be one of the hardest verses to actually DO!  I really love the verse that comes a few before:

Delight yourself also in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4

2 comments:

Rochel said...

Quiet...until Eli comes around :) I love the way you edit these pics...and what a great picture of Ben ;)

Jennifer McGregor said...

RATS! I forgot to give photo credit to Aunt Rochel for the fantastic picture of Ben!