Sunday, May 9, 2010

Black and White Mother's Day

Mother's Day... we are so thankful my parents are home from Israel for a few months!   We had a fun day celebrating Mother's Day and my Mom's birthday, which was actually in March.  Her favorite store is Coldwater Creek and this is what they give you when you purchase a gift card there.  You know, to wrap it in.  Which would have been fine, except my BROTHER chose to "trump" me, by giving her the SAME EXACT gift the day BEFORE.  So then I felt OBLIGATED to at least upgrade my packaging, if I couldn't upgrade the gift.  Childish?  I'm ok with that. 
I'm on a sort of Black and White kick these days... thanks to the K&Company paper pack I got.  And I'm glad this is Mom's favorite store because then I have access to lots of these little boxes and bags to alter! 
Here are her Mother's Day and Birthday cards... the one on the left is actually a paper pack I picked up at Ross.  Did you know they sell scrapbooking/cardmaking supplies?  Who knew?  Over by the books.  For REALLY cheap:)  The card on the right has Stampin'Up! stamps and Basic Grey patterned paper (2nd Favorite!... Um, #1 Cosmo Cricket, #3 K&Company.  I know you were dying to know).
And the card Carly made for her Grammy.  She had fun heckling me for items.  I think she's pretty clever!

*side note: My brother did NOT hand make any cards.  I'm just saying.  Sibling Rivalry NEVER gets old:)

2 comments:

Sue said...

I love the edger on the birthday card - what is that?

And K&Company is my favorite paper... I'll post my Mom's day cards as soon as we give the last one to Eric's mom. :)

Jennifer McGregor said...

Would have been nice if I had mentioned that information.... the edger is from Stampin' Up... it was actually free with a $50 purchase a couple of months ago, but I'm fairly certain it will be in the new catalog coming out this summer:)