Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Scripture Word Challenge: HOME

Home... one's place of residence.  A familiar or usual setting.  The social unit formed by a family living together.  A safe place. 

How lovely is your dwelling place,
O Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints,
for the courts of the Lord;
My heart and flesh cry out
for the Living God.
Even the sparrow has found a HOME,
and the swallow a nest for herself,
where she may have her young,
a place near your altar,
O Lord Almighty, my King and my God.
Blessed are those who dwell
in your HOUSE;
they are ever praising You.
Psalm 84:1-4

This is the scripture that immediately came to my mind for this challenge... and this picture.  It's from a VERY fun day my family spent at Coquina Beach.  My sister and her daughter were visiting, my parents went with us, the sunset was AMAZING... I sat on the beach snapping pictures of my husband playing ball with our son.  I was COMPLETELY overwhelmed with God.  What better picture of HIM, than watching a father play with his child?  Instructing, guiding, laughing, encouraging, cheering, enjoying... This is the picture I have of Heaven.  God enjoying His children.  I love the fact that this picture also has a sand CASTLE in it, which reminds me that God is our KING.... and also has a vast amount of the sky, and shimmering water, which makes me think of the "Glassy Sea" from Revelation 4. 


4 comments:

Patter Cross said...

Oooh, yes, that picture is just perfect for this. Just a gorgeous page with a wonderful scripture! Love this!

elizabeth said...

What a beautiful photo to use with this verse. And what makes it even better for us, since we weren't there, was you sharing the thoughts behind it.

Gwen said...

This picture is awesome, what a great day you had and what a great representation of HOME!! Love it!

Rochel said...

oooo! I like this one a lot! You're so creative...could you possibly come up with something creative for a birth announcement for me? I'll make you chicken pot pie... ;)