Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Christmas. For real.

Can you believe I have ALREADY made a Christmas project, and it's only FEBRUARY?!?!  And no, it's not a Left Over that I wanted to make for LAST Christmas.  My sister, Tracy, came to visit a couple of weekends ago, and brought a fun project for us to make.  First, let me say, I'M SHOCKED that we actually did it!!!  We usually get too busy talking and drinking coffee to remember to do everything we planned.  But, I digress...

She saw these on someone's blog (she's a complete stalker) and ordered them for us from the Scribble It company.  (http://www.scribbleitonline.com/) Super fun, and EASY, and probably most importantly, QUICK.  Your order comes with 2 plain wood blocks, and a plain wood plank (for the base)... and enough decorative paper squares and white vinyl numbers and words to adhere to the sides of the blocks.   We painted the blocks with red paint, which I "distressed" with a brown inkpad.  Used super strong double sided tape to hold it all on the block.  Bang.  Done. 

If only it were DECEMBER, I wouldn't have to put it away....

1 comment:

Tracy said...

You put yours away? Mine are still in the closet ... which is where they will probably stay until the next great closet cleaning!