Anyways, when I was searching out verses, the first one I read was Psalm 91:1, and I couldn't stop thinking about our summer vacation, and our trip to Mount Rainier National Park... I stood in the shadow of that mountain and had a moment where I was just overwhelmed by God. It was really impressed on me when we were surrounded by all those mountains on vacation (we're from FLORIDA - flat) that this is the "picture" of God that I have in my head. Unmovable... Majestic... BIG... awe-inspiring. In the NIV, this verse goes like this:
HE who dwells in the shelter
of the Most High
will REST in the shadow
of the Almighty.
And I'm really liking that word for "abide", too. This is what I NEED to do... rest in Him, continue in a place with Him... in the shadow of Him.
So, the picture is (obviously!) from our trek up Mount Rainier... it's in the SHADOW of Mt. Rainier... it is actually La Grande Dam, just outside the National Park. We pulled over to take pictures because the view was so amazing. This could be why it took us so long to go through that park... we kept stopping to take pictures. And be amazed. And AMAZED we were...

7 comments:
Just beautiful!
Lovely!
Gorgeous! I am really enjoying those of you who are doing digital layouts. So inspiring!
I love how you use your photos as a backdrop for these gorgeous pages. This one in particular is my favorite--the photo, the fonts used, the scriptures--just perfect and beautiful! Blessings,
Love this! I really liked reading your take on the verses. My favorite so far
This is gorgeous!
I love the serenity of this card. It perfectly displays the peace we enjoy as we learn to ABIDE in Christ.
Post a Comment