Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scripture Challenge: FOLLOW

Follow.  To engage in as a calling or way of life.  To copy after, to imitate. 

I REALLY liked this verse mostly because of the "story" that came after it:

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said
"I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me
will never walk in darkness, but will have the
light of life.
John 8:12

It's the story of Jesus teaching in the temple, and the Pharisees questioning the validity of his testimony.  Here's the EXAMPLE he sets for us.... he knows where he came from, and where he's going (v 14).  He keeps talking to them, trying to explain and they are getting confused and just not "seeing it"... what they needed was to FOLLOW him, and realize that HE is the light they needed.  I can totally relate to that.  The skeptic in me wants to GET IT completely, and sometimes that just doesn't happen... He lights the way for me and guides me.  And like the light house is for a ship at sea, he's all I need to get to safety.  This is the way of life He has called me to...

The picture is from another great day I spent with my little family.  Last August, we spent a week "exploring" the coast of the Pacific Northwest.  We LOVED every minute of it!  This is the Heceta Head Lighthouse along the Oregon Coast. 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful picture! I have very good memories of travelling in that area with my family when I was a kid! Really lovely page!...Nancy :o)

Laurie said...

Jen, I think you should make a card using the picture in the front. As a matter of a fact, all of the ones you've used as your blog headers would work.