Saturday, May 23, 2009

Use it, or Lose it...


I went to Michael's last Sunday to pick up ONE item (Blue's Clues stickers...) and of course, came out with 3.  Items.  It occurred to me (for the 500th time) that I tend to purchase crafting items and conveniently tuck them away once I'm home and NOT use them.  Until I rediscover them 5 years later.  In a bin.  So, I made a new rule:  Use it.  Immediately.  You know, or Lose it.  ha!  

These are my 3 purchases... Chloe's Closet Gem stickers from Making Memories.  On clearance, and a MUST have since I had the paper and various other items in the line.  Blue's Clues stickers, which was my original reason for going... needed them for a birthday card for my God-daughter, Emily.  Blue velvet ribbon with brown stitching.... love the colors and it was also on sale.  


I used the Gems on these cards which will be used for "end of the year" teacher cards.  Chloe's Closet paper and a little Nestabilities action!




Next... The birthday card for Emily.  She had a Blue's Clue's party and of course, I had no such stamp.  Stickers come in handy afterall!  I am going to have to explore this option further as I have TONS of stickers.  


Lastly, the card featuring the velvet ribbon.  When I bought this, I was thinking that it would look good with this ribbon charm I already had in my stash (probably purchased 5 years ago!).  I also used paper that was randomly left on my desk.  It actually all matches, even though in the picture the ribbon color looks a little off.


I'm going to have to stick to this new rule.... I had a lot of fun using my treasures right away!