Monday, May 26, 2008

Stollen Popsicle

I hesitate to post this card... the popsicle stamp is from a retired Stampinup! set called "sparkling summer"... cute, huh? Yeah, it's not mine. And now my sister's going to be all "hey! that's MY stamp set and I want it back!" I can get around such comments with my mom by just saying, "Look, I made some for you!" But Tracy??? Well, she can just hop a plane and come and get it! I'm quite certain she had forgotten I still had said stamp set in my possession.


I recently discovered CRYSTAL LACQUER (sold by theangelcompany) and covered the pink part of the popsicle with that (after I water colored the popsicle pink) then I shook on CRYSTAL SNOW (from STAMPENDOUS! purchased at JoAnn's) and let it dry... made it all sparkly, which is one of my daughter's favorite colors. Funny thing about the CRYSTAL SNOW... I bought it a while ago thinking it was embossing powder - it's not, so I was thrilled to find a way to use it... pink paper is more from the Sam's Club stash and the patterened is a donation from my pal Betsy. Green Apple ribbon from Stampinup! (color now retired). Oh, the ribbon on the popsicle paper is from JoAnn's, when it was Easter and they had spring ribbon out...

This birthday card was for my little God Daughter... Happy Birthday, Emily!


I'm all for borrowing and sharing stamp sets with your friends (read here: Sisters) but you should probably return them in a more timely fashion. Rats! Now no one is going to let me borrow ANYTHING anymore.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

When I looked at your card and the description I thought to myself "oh, I have that one" ... or, should I say "had"?! I will be taking something of yours when I come this summer ... see how you like it! Hope you don't mind Carly becoming a Townsend!