Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Random Cards #5


Just a few cards... a birthday card with 1/2 the cardstock embossed using my Still Favorite, the cuttlebug!  A little Basic Grey patterned paper, "birthday" stamp which I dismantled from a very old Michael's stamp... butterfly sizzlit from SU a few brads and some gingham ribbon. 


Kind of like this style of card... Especially with contrasting patterned paper, but this one has embossed cardstock on the bottom portion.  The patterned paper is from theAngelCompany and the "Praying for You" is from a SU stamp set, punched out with the oval punch and scalloped oval punch to back it.  Those punches are becoming favorites of mine! 


These next few cards are actually for my friend who "helps" our pastors send out birthday cards to people in the church... I had read a few things online about cardmakers making cards for their church to use and thought it was a cool idea and something I would enjoy doing.  My friend said she always has trouble finding cards for kids, so I've been working on some... sadly, this conversation took place a WHILE ago, and I'm pretty behind... ANYWAYS, this one is made using a 4x6 paper pack from Michael's, that Bday stamp I dismantled, a star punch and some ribbon. 


The Little Girl Versions...




This card is similar to the first one because sometimes I just use whatever is laying on the desk (which is usually EVERYTHING!!!)  Basic Grey paper, sentiment is from the SU stamp set, and that's a Nestabilities die for the ribbon holding label. 


Love this butterfly stamp from TAC.  I think I stamp about every envelope with it these days! 


Inside of the above card.


My odd attempt at a card a teenager would like.  Do they even like cards?  The paper came with everything on it but the "you Rock" part... Cosmo Cricket paper.  I wasn't so wild about the outside,


But really enjoyed the inside:)  Thanks Betsy for letting me borrow the Rocker stamps... You might get them back, SOMEDAY!  These are more for the church.  Ironic, I know, but appropriate.


These paper scraps were left over on my desk after I made Parker's birth announcements.  I think I was going to send them to Randee, but as you can see, 2 months later, they are still at my house.  Sorry about that, R5!!!  Still think those letters are fun!  They are kind of annoying to individually glue down, but I like how they look.



My project of the week!  Finally made some cards using pictures from our fantastic vacation!  This set is for my sister who went with us... I ordered pictures from mpix.com because they have the 3.5x5 size which is much nicer for using on cards.  I LOVE the quality of the prints!!  They have the option of paying a little more and they will touch the colors up for you, or you can get them printed "as is" for cheaper.  These were "as is" and they came out so nice!!!  The pictures are just mounted on SU cardstock (Mellow Moss, now retired!  and Marina Mist) and I labeled them because there was room to do so and it seemed like a good thing to do:)

1 comment:

Sue said...

Okay - you're too good at this. I might have to try something else... :)