Thursday, August 19, 2010

Scripture Challenge: FORGIVE


Forgive.  To cease to feel resentment against. 

I'd love to say that this is EASY for me... mostly I have issues realizing that I need to ASK for forgiveness.  Or wanting to give up the resentment towards others.  I seem to REALLY have "Ceasing" issues.  Anyways, LOVE doing this challenge because it makes me look up verses I would normally just pass over.  And think.  It makes me think.  I need that.  I might be VERY BEHIND in the challenge, but that comes from NEEDING so much EXTRA time to contemplate these things... it takes me a very long time since I have LISTENING issues, too.  Grrrrr.

This verse!  Guess who the Remnant of His Inheritance is?  Lucky day, it's ME!  So He pardons my sins, and forgives my transgressions.  All of them.  There are many.  And the 2nd best part... He does not stay angry forever... but DELIGHTS to show mercy!  I love so much that God is our Father, because it gives me such a clear picture of His love for us.  I mean, I am a parent, and there are times (even though my MOM would DISAGREE!) when my kids are disobedient and they make me angry!  How many times must I ask them to do what I tell them?  To (ironic!) STOP saying "Stooooooooooooop!" to each other!  How many times do I have to talk to them about their rotten attitudes, their selfishness, their apathy?  But I am their mom.  I don't stay angry forever.  They might (or maybe not!) ask for forgiveness, and I melt.  I am pleased that they get it.  I am happy to show them some mercy.

Pretty sure God gets tired of telling me over and over again what to do (and I just DON'T!!)... I annoy him with bratty behavior.... my own rotten attitude.  My selfishness.  My apathy.  And yet.  You know, God's Mercy is incredible.  He forgives.  He still calls me His.  He forgives.

Let THAT inspire you today!

photo:  That would be Word of Life Island in Schroon Lake, New York, Where Ryan and I were camp counselors the summer of 1991.  It WAS the most tiring summer of our lives, until we had kids!  Pretty sure THAT relates with the above verse somehow!

No comments: