Thursday, September 16, 2010

Scripture Challenge: PRAYER


Prayer... a petition to God in word or thought.

I have to say, I love doing these scripture challenges.  They have totally made me pay attention.  And for someone who, sadly, has trouble REALLY listening without being distracted, this is HUGE.  These verses are exactly what I have needed over these past few weeks of Newness in Our Lives (Um, Ben starting Middle School.  It's been, well, trying.)  I feel like I am at the ends of the earth crying for help.  I'm sure he feels the same way!  I'm so thankful there is Someone who hears.  Who listens.  Without being distracted.

Photo... took it with my cell phone while we were at Adventure Island, the day before school started.  Little did I know when I took it (they are actually the border of storm clouds, with the sun peeking though... ironic, I know!) that this picture would conjure up so much meaning for me over the next few weeks! 

For a REALLY GREAT blog post in regards to prayer...  click HERE.  I found it very encouraging.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

This photo is so beautiful Jennifer, and it's such a powerful scripture verse!...Nancy :o)

Jonia said...

What a beautiful page! I just love how you showed the verses and the word prayer. Powerful page.