Almost 5 years ago, Ryan and I met this little girl named Destini. She was a "first-timer" in the preschool class that we were teaching at our church. She was really shy, but the one thing she WANTED to talk about was her big sister, Naomi. Unbelieveably, Naomi was killed in a car accident just 3 days later. We never got to meet her, except through her little sister's eyes. I have learned something completely remarkable from this family: God's Grace really is sufficient. I believed this completely as soon as I saw Naomi's parents standing. Beside her casket. At her funeral. The month after. That next year. Yesterday. Today. Standing. Think about that for a minute. The night before his daughter's funeral, Kyle said to me, "Just love your kids. As much as you can". We've taken this to heart. It seemed like good advice from someone who had been asked to bear the unbearable. Think about THAT for a minute... now go hug your kids!
Ok, who's crying now? Just me? Well... Naomi would have been 21 last weekend. I made this card for her sweet family. I think if it were me, I would never want people to forget my little angel.
3 comments:
Ugh - I'm hugging Jess right now and reaching for a tissue.
Okay, I reached for a tissue and hugged my kid.
I love you... thank you for being YOU! dad
Post a Comment