Like Mother, like Daughter. When I was little, my mom ALWAYS had crafts she was working on... of course, we were NEVER allowed to touch the quilling stuff, or the paints... we were however, encouraged to cross stitch, so I can't complain, TOO MUCH!!! Mom has made up for it now, as I am "allowed" to TOUCH whatever I want in her house... of course, as you all well know, she isn't home to protect her turf. What's Yours is Mine, has become the rule. Not enough incentive, however, for her to stay home. Oh well... Here's my Little Miss working hard on her Valentines... she wanted to make them herself (I couldn't be more proud!!) and we came up with 2 different designs together. I cut out the paper and stamped the images, and she colored and assembled. I am a strong believer that HANDWRITING letters or notes to people is a lost art, and I was THRILLED to see she wrote a little note on each persons card. She took this all VERY SERIOUSLY.
If you look closely, you can see my sacred (and expensive) Stampin'Up! marker beside her... yes, I caved and actually let her use them. She knew it was a big deal, too, and kept telling me she was planning on being "very careful with your pens".
This is the card she made for all the girls... complete with a little bling, because girls like that, you know...
... and a different design for all the boys... It says "you are my prince charming" and she made it very clear to me that "Not all the boys" were so charming. Ah, and so it begins. At least she has this basic fact down.
It should be noted that her brother's version of Valentines went as follows: "The teacher said we can bring Valentines if we want. And I don't want." Ah, the socially gracious boy. (see Carly's comment above) I insisted on him AT LEAST passing out lollipops, which apparently he did WITHOUT throwing them at everyone.
So proud.
1 comment:
Carly, Those are great cards. Grammy is sooo proud of you. Love ya grammy
Post a Comment