Monday, October 6, 2008

Quick Cards


I've been busy making a few "Quick Cards" and thought I might was well post them all together, or they'd NEVER make it here... I'm pretty sure the key to card making is color selection... almost anything looks good if the colors are good and coordinate, right?? :) That's what I tell myself when I'm getting dressed in the morning! Several paper companies have taken the guesswork out of your selections by putting together collections of papers that all match! Love that! Plus, I don't have to spend much time looking for anything.




There are LOTS of new babies coming to our church over the next few months and I was in serious need of some "Congrats" cards... I found a new love for the 4.5 x 6.5 cardstock matt-stacks you can find on sale at JoAnn's - they are perfect for making these cards (bonus: all matching!) this one is from Debbie Mumm "Baby Boy". The glitter on the pages make the card look more involved than it actually was! This is 2 pieces of paper cut in 1/2 and taped together. I used the other 1/2's for the duplicate card I made (remember when I said LOTS OF BABIES?). I always pick the paper, then color the stamped image to match.


Birthday card... same story! Same paper pad. Same stamp set from StampinUp! It almost feels like cheating:)





Are you seeing a pattern here?? Told you I was busy...



These papers came from the 4.5 x 6.5 cardstock stack from DCWV at JoAnn's "Nana's Nursery, Baby Boy"... I think lavendar is really more girlie:) I love how well they match my favorite StampinUp! cardstock, too. Just another added bonus:)



Hope you feel all inspired to make a bunch of quick, easy cards. It's not REALLY cheating, it's just using your time wisely, right??!?!

No comments: