Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A word of advice...

My sister-in-law's shower has come and gone... I think perhaps I had WAY-TOO-MUCH-FUN creating little "crafty items" for it... this one just might be my favorite! Also my 2nd favorite part of her baby shower... first being everyone praying over Rochel, third being the food! But, I digress...

When each guest arrived, I asked them to write down some "motherly advice" on a 4x4 piece of cardstock. Now, Rochel and I are NO FAN of shower games, so we made an executive decision that there would be none. We do, however, enjoy PRIZES at shower's, so every so often while she was opening her gifts, I drew out a card of advice and read it out loud. That lucky person got a little prize, and we all got to benefit from their very great advice! A very fun part of her shower that fell under "My Favorite Parts, One and Two" would be the DVD Ryan and Rochel's mom sent for Rochel. She was unable to come down from Michigan to celebrate with us, so she graciously made a dvd, giving Rochel some really great advice and sent her and Eli each a bible. Not a dry eye in the house! Also, my sister-in-law's Renae and Kristi sent their advice along to be included in this book. It was wonderful to have "family participation" even though they all couldn't be here.

These little books are so fun to make, and I am compeletely digging my "Bind-It-All", a worthy investment from theangelcompany. You can get it for your 1/2 price item if you have a $100 "party/order"... Or you could just borrow mine! This book was made with the before mentioned 4x4 pieces of cardstock and 4x4 chipboard coasters for the cover.

In case you would also like to benefit from the advice I gave to Rochel, I will list it here...
"Put Eli to bed early. Never forget that before you called Eli "Baby", someone else was calling YOU "Baby" (*wink*wink*). One of the best gifts you can give you child is to love their father!"

And that's why Ben and Carly go to bed at 7:30pm. *sigh*

No comments: