Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost made it...



... I was REALLY trying to go a WHOLE year without posting cards, but alas, I gave up.  13 days before I completed my goal.  How unlike me.  Ok, kidding...

So last fall, we had a few changes around our house... namely, I changed hours at my job and to be honest?  It kind of took me a while to lock in to the New Life it created for us!  You would think that going from Night Shift to Day Shift and not really working weekends anymore would have given me MORE time to do things, but it ended up doing the opposite.  Suddenly, all the time I used to spend getting things done while the fam was at school, THEY WERE HOME FOR, so not much got done around here:)  That's not entirely true... we had (have) TONS of time to spend together, and even more than we bargained for (11 weeks, to be exact) after this little incident.

Who am I kidding?  I made plenty of cards and crafts:)  I just didn't post anything!!!  So here are a few, because I kept VERY GOOD picture documents of everything.  And now I will post them.  In a very un-clever fashion, which suites me just fine, seeing how this is just for my own.  Do not be alarmed, Self... I'm not going to post ALL of them.  Today.


I needed plenty of Thank You cards to send out this summer, for all the people who helped us out!  Our church family was Awesome ministering to us with meals and phone calls... my friends from worked also visited and called and brought over an ADORABLE bag from Thirty One with tons of goodies in it.  This is the card I made for them... DSP from SU! and the "thank you" die cut is SU as well... and the metal tag, too.  


I also got hooked on the Owl Punch from SU! for a while, too... He's just cute, and fun.


... and it was a good time to get caught up on the cards I needed to make for my friends who donated Box Tops for Education for Carly's school... "A" cards for my friend Arlene.


A few "T" cards for my sister, who just might be the Insane Champion for cutting out the most Box Tops.  When I asked people to clip them for Carly, I meant, off things you would buy anyways... not Go Out and Purchase Items Just Because They Have Lots of Box Tops on Them.  But apparently, Auntie didn't get that message.  I think she just likes to cut them out, if you ask me!  Plus, then I had to make her 100 cards.  Grrrrrr.


And in case it wasn't obvious by now... I pretty much make cards with whatever paper is sitting on my desk, so in any given sitting, they are all going to be the same color scheme:)  It's entertaining for me, to say the least.


I also figured out how to make digital stamps, and made a few "sentiments" that I needed...


Birthday card for Parker!  I got GREAT use out of my Cricut making Camp Crafts for our Wild West theme.  Now my Cricut is busily cutting out poster stuff for Ben's ENDLESS school projects.  I've decided teachers make you decorate a poster board for every research project now since actually doing the research is so much easier these days with the internet...

wow.  That was so fun... only 434 more cards to post...

No comments: