Hard to say if it's the little gleam in her eye, or the mischevious smile.. this picture seemed pretty appropriate for the word challenge. This picture of my daughter was taken 2 years ago, and just seconds before that snowball hit ME! I think her face says it all: most days I GLEEFULLY prance towards temptation with little thought of consequences.
I have to be honest... I wasn't crazy about thinking about this word. I'd rather ignore the fact that it's a problem for me. LOVED these verses the most:
For we do not have a high priest
who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses,
but we have one who has been tempted in every way,
just as we are, yet was without sin.
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence,
so that we may receive mercy and find grace
to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:15,16
Even though the actual words are not on my image, I love the aspect that Christ gets what we are going through, by experience. His experience. I wanted to focus on these 2 parts of these verses:
1. we have a high priest who can sympathize,
2. what to do about tempation... go to God (with confidence!) for help!
Might not have loved the word, but taking the time to search and think about God's word really made a difference to me in the past couple of days, and I really am thankful for this challenge... it's been good for me:)

5 comments:
Such a precious photo of your daughter! :) And yes, this wasn't a fun word but one God wanted us to look at. It was hard to write but oh so good. And I can't say we won't have more hard words this year but He loves us so much and wants us to grow in Him. I am glad this study has been good for you. I always pray the Lord will use the challenge to His glory and in the lives of each person as He sees fit. May the Lord bless you for your study time. And beautiful page too. :) Have a blessed weekend!
I love it :) You could have also taken a picture of the 'pick-up bus' at the marathon...that was always a temptation for me when I was running... :)
THAT bus was so tempting, I had to completely FLEE and run as fast as I could. Plus, it scared me to death! AGGGHHHHHH!
Really great page...I love the photo!...Nancy :o)
Wonderfully done. Makes you look and consider.
Post a Comment