I have come across a Challenge on another blog that I have decided to "Play along" with this year... it seemed like a great resolution, and "spoke" to me. If you have read our family blog, then you know that I love to make new blog headers, especially with bible verses on them that are "speaking" to me at the time. When my niece introduced me to http://www.picnik.com/, I'm sure she had NO IDEA the monster she was creating!
Anyways, the challenge can be found by following this link HERE and you can see Patter's first entry, as well, HERE. For me personally, it was GREAT to look for verses and spend some time thinking about what it REALLY meant to me.
I decided to NOT make scrapbook pages of the word (my family has heard enough about my issues with scrapbooking lately!) or a card! But a digital image that I can get printed and put wherever.. I am thinking they will make great magnets for my refrigerator!
Oh! and this is no random photo, either! (shocking, I'm sure!) I'm not sure they will ALWAYS be this appropriate, but this picture was taken last week while we were in Michigan. It's my mailbox where I used to send letters to Ryan every day when he was home on summer break. The mailbox where HE sent out letters to me everyday (those were Pre-Email days!) A box filled with HOPE. I knew there would be letters. My mailman in Massachusetts KNEW there would be letters. In fact, he always KNEW when Ryan was actually visiting because there were NO letters!
Ok, that's Jack. The mailman. That picture is from our summer vacation 2007, when Ryan and I drove by my old house (keep in mind my parents hadn't lived there for over 5 years at the time!) in Southbridge, Massachusetts. I couldn't believe he was out delivering mail still! (yes, I had just gotten finished telling Ryan how much I REALLY wanted to see Jack!) He said he was retiring in 3 months and seeing us again made his day! Hope.
If you aren't inspired to take on this challenge, I HOPE you will at least be inspired to take a minute to think about what YOU are hoping for today.


3 comments:
I love your enthusiasm and thought the group of verses was very effective!
Love your digi image! So cool! And I love how you truly enjoyed looking at the study/scripture and what it meant to you. That's certainly what's most important! Glad to have you joining in. Have a blessed day!
I LOVE that you put more than one verse on there! Cool that you went digi also! It WOULD make a great magnet!
Post a Comment