I love this picture of Carly from last summer. I love this day from last summer. We were in Michigan, visiting Ryan's grandparents in the nursing home... enjoying a rare, "good day". Grandma remembered that Ryan was "Terre's son", and she knew that Ben and Carly were his kids. She insisted on plopping my "little" girl up on her lap by herself so she could give her a REALLY good snuggle.
I loved watching her hold my children, and while she was hugging Ben, I thought about her holding Ryan like that when he was little. I remember wondering if SHE might have been thinking the same thing, at the time.
Grandma Tuinstra had her best day ever last week... she entered into her Saviour's presence and I'm sure has been worshipping ever since! Sad for us, GREAT for her. We've spent the week talking with the kids (lots of talking time on our "quick" drive up to Michigan) about what we think Grandma's doing in her much better place! We will sure miss her, but are so thankful for wonderful memories of a wonderful woman who prayed for us by name everyday.
Lest you think I have not "Inspired" you with this post... Be inspired to look around you at your loved one's and appreciate and love them a little more. Nothing reminds you of the brevity of life more than losing someone you love. Be inspired to be like Donna Tuinstra... she loved God with all her heart. She loved her family with all her heart. She prayed for us, no kidding, ALL the time. Be inspired to pour yourself into the lives of others.
No comments:
Post a Comment